Our client is London’s most innovative and caring environmental/waste companies, who pride themselves on their professionalism and reputation.
Their focus on creating product options rather than the industry standard disposal route is what sets them apart; they are one of the only waste companies in the industry who specialises in asset recovery.
They work with a range of clients from the biggest brand names, corporate companies, small business’ and households.
Type of person
- Excellent organisational and accounting skills required
- Hard working, authoritative and driven individual who can independently manage their own workload to ensure best results
- Highly accountable person who can hit deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active in approach to progression of the company - willing to suggest improvements to processes and systems as well as challenge the status quo at director level
- Ability to interpret financial information and present insights and forecasts at the board level
About the role
Due to strong and consistent growth, our client is looking for a senior finance manager to join their waste management and recycling company. They are looking for someone who is highly organised, has an excellent attention to detail and has very strong technical accounting skills.
Supporting the Finance Director as well as managing the team responsible for daily operations of the department, you must be hands on in your approach to ensure timely and accurate business information with strategic focus. Assisting in the development of the department along with the growth of the company; this includes setting up schedules, processes and procedures along with having an input into the implementation of systems to assist in further automation of the entire finance department of 3 people (management accountant, accounts payable, accounts receivable).
You must fully understand the work of both junior and senior members of the team and be willing to fill in when work load is increased or someone is away, you must be able to support and train junior members of the team too.
With this role comes the progression path to the finance director position.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Complete month end procedures to produce management accounts and board reporting pack with the accountant for the Finance Director
- Flash reports
- Cash flow
- Preparation of board reporting pack including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow statements with easy to read and understand commentary, graphs, etc. to the other non-financial directors
- Implementing processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the accounts preparation
- Working daily on Sage, Excel, Receipt Bank and other management software
- Developing and maintaining our benchmarks and KPIs, further expanding it to all aspects of the business
- Cost saving initiatives and cost control
- Previous senior financial team management
- Previous experience of a fast growing company with fully committed directors
- Team player
- Proven track record of automation
- Microsoft Office mainly with advanced excel experience (macros, pivot tables, etc)
- Sage accounts
4 or 5 days per week
£45,000 TO BE PRO-RATED
- Industry and Commerce
- Accounting and Finance
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor)
Homeworking available: No
Flexible working pattern available: Non full-time
Advert expires: 11/02/2018